In a recent letter from Andy Bray the President of Vanguard Furniture, he does a wonderful job explaining what our industry has endured and continues to manage as a result of a variety of unexpected challenges:
“The pandemic, coupled with raw material shortages, supply chain disruptions and unpredictable labor has wreaked havoc on our ability to schedule orders and produce furniture.”– Andy Bray President, Vanguard Furniture
Here is a quick look at the latest industry updates:
- Shipping dates have been moved out by 2–3 months.
- Read the update from Vanguard
- Our main trucking source for deliveries from North Carolina to the Northeast, is now taking six weeks to deliver goods as a result of limited staff.
- There is a new price increase of 8%. This is in addition to their 5% increase one month ago.
- Temporary surcharge of 15% on all products.
- Read the update from Brownstone
- As always, we appreciate your patience and will do our best to keep you informed of the latest updates across all manufacturers.